At this point, you have received many communications about the COVID-19 virus. As your pediatrics provider we want to offer guidance and review the measures we have taken in the unprecedented time. According to available studies, most children seem to have milder symptoms with COVID-19. However, we want to take every precaution to minimize your family’s exposure.
How we are addressing this health crisis:
• Continuing with office hygiene practices (*cleaning between patients and nightly deep clean)
• Recommending patients and families call our office first, if concerned you have been exposed. This will allow us to prepare for your arrival at our clinic.
• Practicing “Social Distancing” by having only one family at the check in and checkout counter at a time
• Screening all phone calls for risk factors for COVID-19 and isolating those patients
• Staying up to date with all guidelines/recommendations for the care/screening of our patients
• Removing toys and books from the rooms to minimize exposure for your child
Please feel free to bring your own items for your child to play with. We have FREE Wi-Fi available.
• Recommending limiting the number of people accompanying the patient (*1 parent/guardian per pt.)
What we are NOT able to do:
• Provide personal protection equipment (masks, gowns, etc.) for you to take home
What we ask of you:
• Please CALL or send us a portal message FIRST if your child is ill
• Please understand that we must follow CDC criteria for ordering the COVID-19 test:
1) Travel to a level 3 country
2) Contact with an individual with known COVID-19 or suspected positive COVID-19 test
3) Criteria will likely change, and widespread testing will be available in the near future.
• Keep your child at home if he/she is sick.
• Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based cleanser.
• Teach and model to your child cough/sneeze hygiene - *Cough or sneeze into a tissue and discard or cough into the elbow.
• Practice social distancing - *avoid crowds, public outings, and keep 6ft distance from others, avoid play date.
Your NFP Providers and Staff 😊